Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Arnold's Broken Hip???

Has anyone else wondered if Arnold actually broke his hip instead of his femur? After scanning several articles about the incident and subsequent surgery - I have my suspicions about what actually happened.

The ski instructor who was with Govenator at the time is on record stating that:

"He was trying to take off again and he tripped," Adi Erber, a ski instructor who was with the governor, told the Los Angeles Times. Erber described the fall as a "freak accident."

The femur is the largest and strongest bone in the human body. It would be pretty difficult to break just by falling over. However, many elderly people break their hips when they loose their balance and land awkwardly. Despite Arnold's strange tan, and even stranger orangey hair color - he is 59 years old. He's no spring chicken.

The Governors press office seems to be keeping a tight reign the details of the incident. I can only guess that they decided a "broken leg" sounded much better to the incredibly vain Schwartzenegger than a "Broken hip".

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:21 PM

    And you didn't even mention the possibility of brittle bones and/or joint deterioration, as a result of years of steroid abuse. I also have a theory about the negative health effects of chronic body-shaving, but studies to date have been inconclusive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:58 PM

    I like the quote from the ski instructor who says Arnold is an "expert skier" but he fell when he tripped over his own pole while starting to ski down the hill!

    I've broken a pole before and believe me, it broke a lot easier than my femur would have broken!

    An I only weight about 155 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:40 PM

    I remember some time back there were rumors that because of Arnold's declining physical conditioning, he was reduced to wearing a girdle.

    After considering the ski accident, I'm starting to think that perhaps the Schwarzenegger PR team may also have decided a "girdle" sounds much better than "Depends!"

    ReplyDelete