Think Progress explains how Karl Rove attacked liberal bloggers yesterday, and boy howdy, am I feeling the sting right about now!
“The Web has given angry and vitriolic people more of a voice in public discourse,” said Mr. Rove, who served as one of President Bush’s top strategists until he resigned this past summer, and is a noted technology nut.In response to Rove’s tirade against bloggers like me, I’ve put together my own list of the top ten reasons why liberal bloggers are more vitriolic than conservatives:
“People in the past who have been on the nutty fringe of political life, who were more or less voiceless, have now been given an inexpensive and easily accessible soapbox, a blog,” Mr. Rove said during a speech about politics and the Web at the Willard InterContinental, a hotel just blocks from his former place of employment.
“I’m a fan of many blogs. I visit them frequently and I learn a lot from them,” Mr. Rove said. “But there also blogs written by angry kooks.”
He also claimed that liberals use more “bad words,” comparing sites like DailyKos and Democratic Underground to Townhall and FreeRepublic. The “netroots often argue from anger rather than reason, and too often, their object is personal release, not political persuasion,” said Rove.
10. Most profanity learned after the fourth grade reading level!
9. Conservative angry kooks all too busy with their radio and TV shows!
8. No opportunities to let it out on the floor of the U.S. Senate!
7. More passion comes from actual beliefs than from Richard Mellon Scaife’s checkbook!
6. Some scientists say it’s just a natural cyclical rise in vitriol, not caused by human liberal bloggers!
5. Official Republican talking points pre-screened for swear words!
4. Conservatives just resting between Clinton presidencies!
3. Need to seem dangerous enough to keep Bill O’Reilly from “coming to your house!”
2. Bungled response to 9/11 changed everything!
And the top reason why liberal bloggers are more vitriolic than conservatives:
1. Conservatives prefer to get their “personal release” in public restrooms!