While it amazes me the lengths Republicans will go to make light of their propensity for illegal, and often violent, behavior, there are still a few excuses they haven’t tried. Yet!
So with that in mind, here’s my:
Top Ten List of Excuses Republicans Haven’t Tried Yet Regarding Waterboarding:
10. It’s just a warmer version of snowboarding!
9. It’s just like dumping Gatorade on a winning football coach!
8. We thought we were using flax seed oil!
7. It’s a little known fact that this Administration wanted to delay waterboarding until after the 2004 elections, but Congress wanted something they could be deceived about!
6. We were just trying to counteract the dehydrating effect of severe beatings!
5. Freedom needs waterboarding, just as waterboarding needs freedom!
4. It’s just like a form of baptism - falling somewhere between sprinkling holy water and total immersion!
3. The American people don’t seem to mind watching the Wicked Witch get doused in The Wizard of Oz . . . because they understand that innocent munchkin lives are at stake!
2. Bill Clinton was known to pour water himself, right in the Oval Office!
And the top excuse Republicans haven’t tried yet regarding waterboarding:
1. We have a wet stance!