Friday, September 22, 2006

Bill Clinton Kicks Some Fox News Ass

In an interview with Chris Wallace of fox news President Clinton took the gloves off and came out swinging. All I can say is - it is about time.

Here is an excerpt from the transcript:

CLINTON: What did I do? I worked hard to try and kill him. I authorized a finding for the CIA to kill him. We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since. And if I were still president we'd have more than 20,000 troops there trying to kill him. Now I never criticized President Bush and I don't think this is useful. But you know we do have a government that think Afghanistan is 1/7 as important as Iraq. And you ask me about terror and Al Qaeda with that sort of dismissive theme when all you have to do is read Richard Clarke's book to look at what we did in a comprehensive systematic way to try to protect the country against terror. And you've got that little smirk on your face. It looks like you're so clever.

WALLACE: [Laughs]

CLINTON: I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I tried and I failed to get bin laden. I regret it but I did try. And I did everything I thought I responsibly could. The entire military was against sending special forces in to Afghanistan and refueling by helicopter and no one thought we could do it otherwise. We could not get the CIA and the FBI to certify that Al Qaeda was responsible while I was President. Until I left office. And yet I get asked about this all the time and they had three times as much time to get him as I did and no one ever asks them about this. I think that's strange.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:48 PM

    "We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since."

    Thanks, WJ. You showed up Wallace, but gave ten years of bulletin board material to terrorist training camps. The only thing you kicked was the American public.
    /sad

    ReplyDelete