Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Here’s One Thing Hillary has Achieved.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No, not a buzz!

By extending her campaign well beyond the point of reverse inevitabilityTM (or would that be “evitability?”), Hillary Clinton has perhaps accomplished the following:

It is now highly probable that I will not get to experience the enjoyment of seeing her concession speech!

If she concedes the nomination to Barack Obama some time during the next 3 ½ weeks, while I’m on a small Croatian island in the Adriatic without television or regular Internet access, she will be able remain blissfully unaware of the rare absence of my scathing commentary (Truth be told, over the course of this campaign, I’ve come to realize that one of the few things Hillary actually has in common with average Americans is being blissfully unaware of my scathing commentary, but I digress!)

It is possible that I might find the time to write and the access to post an occasional piece during my travels, such as these highlights from previous trips abroad, but I certainly won’t know what’s going on in the political world as it happens.

I’m just hoping to return in 3 ½ weeks to find that Obama is the officially acknowledged Democratic nominee, and that the party is busy working together to build its campaign against John McCain’tTM.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid I’ll find Hillary still looking for another bunch of binge drinking Neanderthals who can be convinced, over shots and camera flashes, to fear an Obama presidency more than another hundred years in Iraq, or a misspoken command to obliterate Iran during a 3 AM phone call after a hard night of drinking!

1 comment:

  1. By the way, I should also point out that this is in no way intended to be interpreted as scathing commentary about binge drinking Neanderthals, whom I consider to make up a significant percentage of my immediate social circle!

    ReplyDelete