Monday, October 02, 2006

From the Really Creepy Department


I found a link to video of Congressman Foley paying tribute to a graduating page class - complete with tears. Courtesy of C-Span.

Obviously the House leadership took Foley's Page issues seriously, if they let him give this farewell address .............................................NOT!!!

UPDATE: C-Span pulled the clip. I can't find it anymore. I sure hope someone recorded it.

UPDATE II: found the transcript (halfway down the page) of Foley's address and it was the graduating class of 2002 not 2006. But here's a creepy passage:

I hear so much laughter here and I am glad that there is laughter,because this is a wonderful time of your life. Every time we celebrate the departure of a page class, we remember your first day here and, of course, we are here at your last. You came in very shy and meek and very polite and for the most part you have remained polite, but no longer shy and meek.

1 comment:

  1. This is the passage that I find most creepy:

    I am not the only Member here to say good-bye to you

    I can't help but ask if Foley is an accomplished ventriloquist!

    ReplyDelete