Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bill Richardson Puts Gollum in His Place!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Score a victory for integrity over blind loyalty! Bill Richardson has authored an op-ed in the Washington Post that blasts James Carville for criticizing his endorsement of Barack Obama. Here’s my favorite line:
Carville and others say that I owe President Clinton's wife my endorsement because he gave me two jobs. Would someone who worked for Carville then owe his wife, Mary Matalin, similar loyalty in her professional pursuits? Do the people now attacking me recall that I ran for president, albeit unsuccessfully, against Sen. Clinton? Was that also an act of disloyalty?
He later wraps it all up with a classy restatement of his reason for endorsing Obama over Clinton that pretty much sums up the whole primary race in a nutshell:
I do not believe that the truth will keep Carville and others from attacking me. I can only say that we need to move on from the politics of personal insult and attacks. That era, personified by Carville and his ilk, has passed and I believe we must end the rancor and partisanship that has mired Washington in gridlock. In my view, Sen. Obama represents our best hope of replacing division with unity. That is why, out of loyalty to my country, I endorse him for president.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:45 PM

    Carville is stuck with the Clintons. Too much history for him to move on I'm afraid. I fear some of the other superdelagates don't want to break the Clinton tie either. They will do it I'm sure at some point. Sooner rather than later. The news media wants it to keep going though. They all want a trip to Puerto Rico.

    ReplyDelete