Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Few Quick Thoughts On Obama's Speech

First of all, it was brilliant, making me alternately cry, cheer and yell "Take that, McCain" while raising my middle finger.

It seems Obama decided to make sure earlier convention speakers kept a relatively positive tone, even if it meant hearing calls to get tougher for three days, so that he could come out and show that he doesn't need anyone else to be his "attack dog." And yet, he still did it with class and dignified respect (unlike me and my middle finger!)

I can already see the only possible Republican response starting to form among the talking heads: "The speech was so perfect, it could only be fiction written by Aaron Sorkin!"

McCain's congratulatory ad that was immediately released after the speech is the most hollow sounding compliment I've ever heard.

Michelle Bernard, who I'm watching analyze the speech right now on MSNBC, has the best legs of anyone I've seen in recent memory, other than Ms Seenos, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! Interesting how Bernard started as a GOP flack at the start of this election season and is now relaying her thoughts on watching Obama by herself in the green room so she could cry her tears of hope and joy alone.

    ReplyDelete